The information below will assist you in the External Service process. It is meant to provide a quick breakdown of what you will need to do for a guest to come to the University.
- Fill out the “Request Form for External Services” and submit for approval to your Dean/Supervisor and/or the Provost/VP of your office.
- Email the filled out External Service Request Form, a W-9 and/or any agreements/contracts that may have been made to email@example.com
- Once the information is received, it will be reviewed; and, if it meets all the requirements, approved
- An approval email will be sent to the requestor for the service provider, serving as confirmation to use the provider for services
- Set up requested guest in Workday as a Supplier (if they have not been used by the University before); this can be started anytime during the process, but must include a W-9 if there’s payment involved
- Once guest is approved as a Supplier in Workday, a purchase requisition in Workday may be started.
- When the purchase requisition is approved, a receipt will need to be created to add to the purchase order; any other necessary documents for payment (such as the approval email you received from External Services) will also need to be attached